INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE IS FOR EVERYBODY
Have you ever thought about how hard it is to make sense? … especially to other people? If so, information architecture is a practice that you might get value from paying attention to.
INFORMATION ARCHITECTURE IS...
THE WAY WE ARRANGE THE PIECES TO MAKE SENSE AS A WHOLE.
In just 30 minutes this course will give you an expert-guided tour of the basics you need to know to start adding information architecture (IA) into your own practice.
If you want a wide and democratized overview on what IA is, what it is used for, who it benefits and how to get better at it, this is a great place to start.
Start now and be more thoughtful about structure and language before your next meeting
MEET YOUR GUIDE
Abby Covert is an information architect with 20 years experience making sense of messes and teaching others how to do the same.
Abby has written two books, How to Make Sense of Any Mess, a beginner’s guide to information architecture and Stuck? Diagrams Help. a field guide for the trek from diagram novice to diagram nerd.
She has taught IA to folks of varied contexts and intentions all over the world, and opened The Sensemakers Club in 2022 to serve as a community for those doing IA work as a part of their walk of life.
COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT IA
In this course we will cover the following:
- What is an information architecture?
- What are the primary tools and methods used to practice IA?
- What are ways that you can add information architecture skills to your practice?
- How can we measure the return on investment on information architecture?
- Is information architecture the same as content strategy, content design, ux design or taxonomy?
- How do you get started working on information architectures?
Inquiring Minds Want to Know ...
WHY IS THIS FREE?
- I want the world to make more sense, and we need more sensemakers doing that work.
- I see this as an opportunity to introduce information architecture through the lens of my work
- I am confident that you will want to dig deeper into the concepts and ideas presented in this course, and I know that when you look for education and opportunities to connect with other sensemakers – my products, courses and events will be waiting.
Information architecture is for everybody.
Are you ready to learn why?
If you are already familiar with the basic concepts and vocabulary of information architecture and want to go from curious to practicing IA more confidently, I have another course that might be better for you.
Bonus: You will be invited to our monthly LIVE Zoom meetings where you can ask questions and hear the experiences of other sensemakers all over the world.Become a Student